Sunday, June 13, 2010

What is Diatomaceous Earth and why did I decide to try it?

Considering most people who come here will probably already know what Diatomaceous Earth is, I will not go into a long detailed post about what it is made of. If you need to find out more about Diatomaceous Earth, then you can look it up.

The various uses for Diatomaceous Earth range from pool filters (filter grade) to an insecticide, to a wonder cure for whatever ails a person (food grade). This blog will center on my experience with using food grade Diatomaceous Earth as a nutritional supplement.

How did I come to the decision to start taking Diatomaceous Earth? I was looking for a place to buy food grade DE for use as an insecticide to get rid of the fleas on my dog and cats. I did not want to use any chemical insecticides after hearing of some animals being harmed by them. Plus, I do not like the smells of some of these insecticides. While browsing the various websites, I found some amazing claims of how DE can do everything from give a person stronger hair and nails, to lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Having tried many other 'natural remedies' for my high blood pressure, I decided that it would be worth a try since I was getting it for the animals anyway.

Why create a blog about this? Because of my frustrations with trying to find reliable, unbiased information about how well DE works as a nutritional supplement. After relentless searches, all I could really find were the claims and testimonies on the various websites that sell the product.

I have been taking DE for nearly three weeks now, but this blog will recreate my experience from the notes I have been taking since the first day I started taking DE.

No comments:

Post a Comment