Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 27

I am posting this early in the day as I have a busy day ahead.

My energy levels are still amazingly high. I cannot believe that, just four weeks ago, I was dependent upon energy drinks and lots of caffeine just to get myself moving. I still have a lot of caffeine, but nothing like before. The last energy drink I had was last Thursday when I had to get up early to take my roommate to the airport, then go to work afterward. I had gotten less than 5 hours sleep the night before and needed an extra boost to keep myself awake.

But it's more than energy - my motivation to get moving is much higher. I have a difficult time just sitting still to watch TV or work on the computer. Even sitting down to type this is difficult as I just don't want to sit still. I want to get moving and get things done. It is such a beautiful day outside, and even though I know I should not let myself get worn out early in the day because I have a housecleaning job this evening, I really do not want to sit still! Even with the energy drinks, and loads of soda pop and cola I drank before, I did not have this kind of energy or motivation. Before I started taking DE, I could sit still in front of the TV or computer for hours. After two cups of coffee and one glass of cola today, I have at least three times the energy I had when I would have two cups of coffee and an energy drink before.

Another thing that helps my energy and motivation is that my left knee is now almost pain free! I have been on it a lot over these past few days, but it is getting much better instead of worse with the activity. I have been using a brace off and on, but I have not needed the brace today at all, and I have been outside several times, going up and down the steps. The right knee is pretty much normal now. With both knees feeling better, I intend to start using my treadmill again along with dancing for at least 20 minutes a day to my iPod. I will keep you updated on my progress with the exercise.

I have not checked my blood pressure today, but it was still 140/100 yesterday, which has me a little concerned. Hopefully the exercise will help. I know that it will come down as I lose more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment