Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 37

As you may have noticed, I have gone from daily posting to posting every few days. For the most part, there simply isn't anything new to tell on a day to day basis.

My blood pressure has remained about the same, averaging around 137/97 for the last couple of days. I think it will take exercise and diet to bring it down further, though I am feeling so much better now that it has dropped to where it is. I haven't had any serious headaches except for those few days when it went back up.

Two days ago, I began exercising again. At this point, my exercise consist of putting on my iPod and dancing for as long as possible. I still have to be careful not to overwork my knees, so I keep my left knee braced, and my right knee bandaged as it is still not as strong as it used to be. So far I can only dance for about 15 minutes at a time, but my target is 45 minutes. By the time I reach that point, I will also be walking on the treadmill at least every other day. I should mention that today I went walking all over Home Depot and my knees barely complained! My left knee did give me a little bit of trouble at first, but is feeling great now, and I have not had it braced at all today.

I got on the scales at the house I cleaned on Thursday and found that I had lost two pounds since I had last been there two weeks ago. This scale weighs me differently than the other scale I use - it says I weigh 264, which means the other scale I weigh myself on - and the one I use when I record my weight - will probably weigh me at around 261. So far, my weight loss is slow, but steady. I am going to work hard to make sure my weight keeps going down.

The good thing is that the appetite is still low compared to what it used to be. When I went to lunch today, I was only able to finish 3/4 of the large burrito I ordered. I used to be able to finish the entire thing and then want desert!

2 comments:

  1. You've peaked my curiosity on this road you're traveling. I was wondering, however, if you'd share more info about yourself. That is, what age are you, what state you're in, some history about you and such. I wonder what got you interested in creating a blog like this? Or is this common place on the internet these days? I am on the internet a lot and feel like I'm up to speed having worked in the industry for so long, but I don't follow the usual chatter, twitter, boards, blogs at all. They don't interest me at all, hearing about a mother who is making pancakes for her children at that moment. Yawn!!! I have better things to do with my time! So can you tell me more about yourself? BTW, I'm a 48 yr old mom of an 11 yr old girl. I'm a stay at home mom who is currently or has been dabbling in photography and making my own skin and hair care products. It's kind of a long story but that's the gist of my days, plus taking care of my mom quite regularly. My dad passed last Nov and she's needed additional help now living by herself, with finances, health, etc. Which sort of is why I got caught up reading your blog on the benefits of DE on a persons health and bones/tendons etc. She's had two knee replacements (one just 3 weeks ago) and has had her challenges! I try to keep my eyes/ears open for stuff like that! So where was I? I am married to my high school sweetheart, having divorced my daughters dad a few years back. My working career consisted of technical support in one fashion or another, from field work to PC's to networks and multiple servers. I miss my dad severely and am on a quest to market some cosmetic products.....??? I'm playing that one by ear but have the drive to like I've never experienced with anything else before, even photography. I used to do a little on the side for friends and then friends of friends as the word traveled as a supplemental income. It sort of dissolved during the devastating divorce I endured and has affected my health to this day. I want so bad to get back to that person, physically, that I was BEFORE it all happened!! And I won't give up!! But, all that aside, I have this obsession now with chemistry (ooooeeewwww, bite your tongue!) as it relates to skin and hair products. It's really very fascinating stuff! But tell me I would a few years back and I would have said you're way past wrong!! Ok, let's see, Oh! I'm in Texas, the outskirts of Dallas in McKinney, was raised in Garland and have lived here all my life. That's me in a nutshell. So will you share??? Thanks!! -Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia. I will gladly share some information about myself.

    My name is Mary, I am 43 and I live in California with a roommate, two cats and one dog. I clean houses for a living, but am going to school to get a degree in either computer information technology, or liberal arts - still not sure which.

    First of all, my reason for trying DE was desperation - I have had health problems ever since I spent 10 years as a methamphetamine addict after my dad died. I finally got away from the drugs in 1998 - three months before my mom passed away unexpectedly. After that, I spent 10 more years trying to deal with the grief, all the while my health was spiraling downward. I gained over 100 pounds, and my blood pressure skyrocketed. I didn't realize how bad things were until I went to the dentist to try to get a tooth pulled, and they refused to work on my teeth because my blood pressure was 204/125. I spent two years on blood pressure medicine before deciding that I was not going back to the doctor I was seeing(long story), and that I was going to find some sort of natural remedy to deal with the blood pressure without the side effects.

    I found out about DE because someone posted about it on a pet website, saying that it was a great alternative to pesticides. Upon searching out a source for DE on the Internet, I found many claims about DE reducing blood pressure, helping people lose weight, and healing sore joints among many other miraculous claims. I was buying it for my pets anyway, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. But I didn't really have much hope that it would really do anything because the only sources for info about DE were the sites selling the stuff. When I realized that it was working, I decided to start this blog to give others unbiased information. I don't sell DE, nor do I work for anybody else that does sell it - this makes me a perfect candidate to create a blog like this to give others information.

    I hope I have answered any questions you might have had about me, and my reasons for starting this blog.

    Good luck with your cosmetics, I hope it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete