Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 44

The slow but steady weight loss continues - I am down two more pounds to 261. I have also noticed that a pair of shorts that used to fit fairly snugly are now comfortably loose - and this is right after washing them!

I have been continuing my exercise, though I sometimes do my dancing while doing dishes or while at work. Yesterday, I was wearing my iPod while cleaning the only house we had, and I managed to work up a sweat dancing while I cleaned. My energy level was so high that I found myself doing an extra good job all while practically bouncing off the walls to the music. My knees didn't seem to mind the workout at all, and held up fairly well as I did my grocery shopping after work.

Not only has my energy been very high over the last couple of days, my blood pressure averaged 140/94 yesterday with the lowest of the three readings being 136/91!

But I have saved the best news for last. Last night after dinner, I found myself feeling very restless and wanting to just get out and do something. My roommate reminded me that he had one of those glow-in-the-dark frisbees, and we decided to go outside and play frisbee. While I knew that I couldn't actually chase the frisbee, I felt that it wouldn't hurt to throw and catch. But I forgot one thing - I am left handed and throwing the frisbee means that I step forward with my left foot, putting pressure on my left knee. The knee held up quite well, and I was able to play for at least 20 minutes! I played frisbee for at least 20 minutes last night - something I was worried I would never be able to do again!

Afterwards, my left knee was sore and worn out, but it feels great today, and there is no sign that anything was ever wrong with the right knee.

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in hearing if your hair has continued to thicken and grow faster.
    How is that going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't noticed much in the way of my hair getting thicker lately, but I have noticed that it is growing much faster than it used to. If there are any changes, I will post it in the blog.

    ReplyDelete