Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 63

I have waited to post again on this blog until I had good news to post. The last few days have been difficult as I thought my right knee was back to normal, but it has been very painful and slightly swollen. It was suggested by a friend that maybe I used it too much too soon, that just because the pain was gone did not mean it was strong enough to use normally. All I know is that it pops when I move just wrong on it (or sometimes when I am just walking normally), and it is sore enough that I am worried about going to work with it like this. Next week I will be working every day of the week. Monday and Tuesday will be nightmarish with one eight-hour day of housecleaning, followed by two housecleaning jobs on Tuesday. The rest of the week will be easier with one job a day - not counting the day I help to tidy up the church. I just hope my knee gets through it as I still have to get out and do as much yard work as possible since we need to have our yard nice and green for code enforcement. I cannot believe they can fine people for not having green yards, while the city is harassing people about using too much water.

The good news is my blood pressure is back to reading me at around 138/99 - this is a steady average reading over the last couple of days. Hopefully once I get the stress of the yard dealt with, my blood pressure will go lower.

More good news is that, when I weighed myself at the house I cleaned today, my weight had dropped 4 pounds from what it was three weeks ago when I used those scales. Considering I had dropped 1/2 when I weighed myself on the other scales last Friday, it would appear that I have dropped another 3 1/2 pounds during this week. I won't know for sure what my weight is until I get back to the other ( every other Friday) house and use those scales as they are the ones I have been using to get an accurate measure of how much I weight I put on or drop off.

My energy is basically about the same - fairly high most of the time. My appetite is pretty much the same too. Sometimes I want to eat more, but other times a couple of celery sticks and some cauliflower with a little bit of cottage cheese is all I want for breakfast or lunch. Last night I would have had a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter for dinner if my roommate hadn't made one of those skillet pasta meals and shared it with me. Just not feeling like eating a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment