Wednesday, April 4, 2012

There Are Some Things DE Can't Help With

Last Friday I noticed that my left eye was feeling a little sore - specifically the top eyelid. I didn't think much of it because I had just started wearing makeup again, and figured that it was just a little irritated. Well, that little irritation slowly got worse until it turned into a hideously swollen eyelid that is so large that I cannot keep that eye open. I am on antibiotics, and I have a special ointment to put into the eye now. Hopefully this thing will quickly resolve itself.

When it first started swelling I was searching desperately for home remedies to bring this to a head, but nothing worked. Then I had what could only be described as an insane idea - you probably know what I am thinking, and no I did not do it. I knew that DE had worked to draw out infection in a cat bite on my hand, and in a cut on my finger. So for one moment I wondered... then I quickly reminded myself (more like I said to myself, "What are you thinking!!??) that DE is not good for eyes. I did toy around with the idea of putting some DE in a coffee filter, but that would definitely be too dangerous . So I have tried other remedies I have read about before finally getting antibiotics. So far things look like I might have my eye back soon.

Last post I mentioned how it seemed that DE was helping my moods. I am still not sure if the DE is actually affecting my moods outright or if it is the energy the stuff gives me that is helping. I am still feeling much better on all levels even with the eye problem. Energy is still up, and my appetite is still down a bit. My weight is still the same, and I have not taken my blood pressure yet. My knees are feeling a bit better, but my back is still having some problems. I am really hoping that I will get the same results with my back and knees that I got the first time I was taking DE steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment