Monday, March 26, 2012

DE Affecting Moods?

I had a very difficult time getting to sleep last night. My stomach was very upset, and I could not get it to settle down. I thought about trying DE to calm the indigestion, but I was worried that I would be too restless after taking it. So I only got about 4 hours sleep. Which brings me to the reason for my update today.

Over the last few months when I haven't been taking DE I have had quite a few nights where I didn't get enough sleep - whether I was just too restless or upset stomach - I only averaged about 3 - 4 hours sleep during those nights. The mornings after rough nights like those tend to be difficult at best. My moods range from grouch to depressed to almost impossible to deal with, and make life very difficult for my boyfriend who gets the worst of my ----. But this morning was completely different. Yes I was tired, and a little grouchy at first - but nothing like those other mornings. In fact, after taking my morning dose of DE I felt great. My motivation to get things done lagged a bit, but my energy was fairly high considering, and my mood was actually good.
My boyfriend was happily surprised at the difference in me.

This brings me to something else I've noticed. My moods are much better over the last two or three days. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but I am definitely feeling better emotionally. During these last few months away from DE I have been going through periods of intense depression. I realize that there have been many changes in my life over the last year and a half - I have lost three people I love (the pastor from my church, my housemate, and my aunt), I spent several months living alone for the first time in my life, and I got into a new relationship. These things alone can take a huge emotional toll on a person. But the mood swings I was dealing with were, for lack of a better way of putting it, not me. A day or so after starting the DE again I started feeling like myself again.

The increase in motivation that I have always felt when taking DE could be the DE affecting my moods, but I never really felt this kind of effect from it before. Maybe I just never noticed it because I wasn't dealing with these kinds of mood swings and depression before. All I know for certain is that I feel better, and more able to cope with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment